Google My Business (GMB)
Google My Business (GMB) is an essential marketing tool for any brand. Through GMB, you can update your business information on Google; appear on Google Maps; allow customers to make reservations, get directions to, or directly call your locations; and engage with existing and potential customers through their Google reviews.
Google My Business has always been important because it’s often the first thing your customers notice when they search for your business. The benefits of GMB are many. Here are a few key benefits to give you an idea of what’s to gain by optimizing your GMB account:
• A completed GMB listing can single-handedly improve a business’s local SEO ranking.
• It sets an immediate first impression for searchers who see your business’s essential info listed on the right-hand side of the interface.
• GMB has Google Maps integration, which makes it easier to find your business on the world’s most widely used mobile map and directions app.
• Direct messaging optionality — customers can send messages directly to your company phone or email via the GMB interface.
• Customer reviews are displayed under your GMB profile, giving your business social credibility that rivals Yelp or Trustpilot.